Monday, November 1, 2010

Chapter 17

The last 4 days have been extremely exhausting. The best way to explain the experience is to say “I just finished Economics boot camp”. I didn’t think about in that way until a friend of mine jokingly described my Economics class in this way. We were in class Thursday thru Sunday; Thursday and Friday 9-5, Saturday 9-9, and Sunday 9-2 whew I am tired just thinking about it again. Although, it was an intense 4 days it was very productive and informative.
Yesterday evening I received some devastating news that made me really think about life.  I was talking to my dad and he informed me that a close friend of our family passed away. Everyone knows that death makes you reminisce. First, I was in total disbelief and couldn’t really formulate words to express my psychological state. This was someone who has known me for years, but she didn’t just know me she was a very prominent figure in our city. She was known for charismatic spirit and her commitment to her community. She was the type of person that if she had $2 she would give you $1.50. This is a person which you will never forget especially if you were the person who has benefited from her generosity.
I couldn’t write this last night because I couldn’t formulate my thoughts. However I was thinking there is something important to share from this situation. As I have stated before I am well organized and neat. I made a To-Do list about 2 weeks ago with various people I needed to email and this lady was on the list. She promised me that when I graduated she had a few potential opportunities for me. I started emailing some of the people on my list, but I didn’t email her. Time got away from me because I was focused on studying and other things. I said I can wait until next week then the next week came as I was preparing for Economics class I said ok I will email her Monday (November 1st) because I don’t have class and I no other big plans. Well it’s November 1st and she received a more important message because it was time to rest from her labor on this hard job we call life. I felt even more troubled because I didn’t talk to her before she died. Not for what she could do for me but because we had a good relationship. We often emailed just to touch basis.
We get so busy in life trying “to take it to the next level” that we procrastinate and lose track of time. We forget about the maintenance required for the relationships we have and the people that are important to us. I speak from experience that I don’t always talk to people when I should because I say that I can wait until next time. What if there is not a next time? Then you never let that person know how you felt or you will never know what could’ve happened.  Even if you have unresolved issues with a person you need to talk to them for we don’t know when time will be up and the new chapter of eternal-life begins. Last night I gave myself a little advice and now I share it with you.
Don’t let time get away from you; stop hiding inner secrets because you are waiting for the right time. The right time is now! The words you may say could benefit that person’s life, it could reassure their faith, it could push you both in a position to be blessed, and it could change your situation. Expressing yourself can be therapeutic, but it also let’s others know you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment