Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chapter 8

I wasn't going to post tonight, because I wasn't in the mood. This was put in my spirit and I had to share.
It’s a humbling experience not to be able to call your friends, family, or prayer partner when you need encouragement. You sit and you think to yourself how am I am going make it through this situation. You pray, but there is silence and you wonder if God heard you because He hasn’t responded to your request or a change hasn’t come.
 The issue is that we are so accustomed to talking to people about our problems and they talk over/back to us while we are talking. Do they really hear us? Common sense says if I am talking while you are talking I can’t hear you. Furthermore, people can only give you an opinion about your situation; they don’t have the true solution. Nor do they have the ability to change your situation.  
I had a revelation that it’s quiet when we talk to God because He is actually listening to our prayer. He hears us all of the time. He is always there and has worked out the solution before we were in our circumstance. The phenomenal thing is that even when He doesn’t bless you like you think you should have been blessed, you should still give Him the praise.
Sometimes I get so focused on the end result and how will I get there. I should really focus on where I am and thank Him for where He has brought me. I need to just praise Him for where I am, because before I got in my situation He already knows how I am going to get out of it. While I am trying to call my friends and family I just need to call on His name. When I call on His name every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.
I know the people on my hall are wondering what is going on in my room, but I have got to praise my way through. I can’t wait until Graduation to thank Him for watching over me and opening the doors to pass the exams. I have to give him praise on lay-a-way! I just want to put a little down payment on this blessing. God is pushing me where I need to be, but the devil is trying to distract me and make me worry about the outcome. But the bible says be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
My request:
God bless me during this MBA program. Help me to not lose sight of you. Lord help me to study and learn the material and show my knowledge though the exams. Lord bless me, keep me, and guide me in the Mighty Name of Jesus. Amen
I am on divine assignment to speak this in your life. YOU WILL MAKE IT. Whatever you are going through He shall supply all of your needs according to His riches in heaven.
I had to speak this to myself, but I am sharing with you. God is good and I have learned that I can sleep because my faith is awake.

1 comment:

  1. It is inspiring to read the thoughts of someone who is experiencing the same challenges, more or less, and asking pretty much the same questions of himself and his God. When problems start to accumulate we tend to turn away from the very source of help and, in a blind panic, we seek to solve the problems on our own strength. In reading your blog i am reminded of where the source of my strength lies. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete